The Club was founded in the late 19th Century and until the late 1920’s was at Massey Garth near the Church. With the construction of the Long Memorial Hall, the Club moved to a purpose built room. They had only one table at that time but member’s efforts were successful in acquiring a further table. These tables were played on continuously until the early 1960’s when the original table, commonly referred to as “The Graveyard” because it was very slow, was replaced by a table purchased from the Wetherby Conservative Club, which was closing down.
The Club was a member of the Harrogate and District Snooker League from the 1930’s with a short break from 1960 to 1966 when the heating system for the Long Memorial Hall broke down. From 1962 to 1966, the Club joined the Huby and District League to play both Snooker and Billiards.
In 1968 a second team was entered in the Harrogate League and both teams had been in continuous membership from that date until 2011. The first team won the League Championship on only one occasion in 1989, but apart from one season when relegated to the Second Division, had been in the top half of the First Division.
Younger players have also played a great part in the teams entered in the Gold and Watch House Snooker League since 1978. They won the League Championship in 2001-2002 for the first time, and have acquitted themselves well in many of the other competitions within the League.